statue of liberty closeNo More Visa Pages Added To U.S. Passports

Effective January 1, 2016, the U.S. government will no longer add visa pages into U.S. passports. If you are a frequent traveler abroad, the standard passport may not have enough pages for all your visa stamps. If you act before December 31, 2015, you can still request the additional 24-page insert for free. However, after that, you can only request this 24-page insert when you apply for a new passport.

Click here: U.S. Dept. of State for full details, or call the National Passport Information Center toll-free at 1-877-487-2778/1-888-874-7793

Foreign Nationals who Fly through Canada will require Electronic Travel Authorization

Effective March 15, 2016, all foreign nationals who fly to or are making a transit stop through Canada will need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).  You DO NOT need this eTA if you are a U.S. citizen or if you have a valid Canadian Visa. In most cases, the eTA will be approved in minutes of submitting your information.
Click here to apply: Government of Canada eTA


  • Change of Address Requirement

Were you aware that all non-immigrants and permanent residents are required to notify USCIS of their address change within 10 days via mail or online? This means that if you are here on a work visa, employment visa, or if you hold a green card, whenever you move, you must notify USCIS. Why? Because the main way that USCIS communicates with you is by mail. This is especially important if you have a pending application.
Click here: USCIS Change of Address to complete your AR-11 form online or to print a copy for mailing. 

  • Print Your I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Online

Did you know that if you are a foreign visitor who arrived to the U.S. by airplane or ship, you can print your I-94 Arrival/Departure Record online, plus you can get a complete travel history of your past air and sea arrival and departure dates. Many of you may remember the small square paper I-94 cards that used to be given out upon arrival. Many of you will still have these and if you do, hang on to them. These I-94 cards will still be given out at border crossings on land.
For an explanation on how this process works, click here: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
To look up and print your I-94 records, click here: I-94 Retrieval

  • Are you a U.S. Resident for Tax Purposes?

It’s not only lawful permanent residents that have to file taxes in the U.S. You may be living in the U.S. on a temporary basis yet you don’t consider yourself to be a U.S. resident.
Find out how to determine if you have to file taxes using this formula: IRS Substantial Presence Test

  • Know Before You Go – Customs & Border Restrictions

Before embarking on your visit to the United States, make sure you know about any restrictions on what you can bring in to the country. You will be inspected by a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer upon arrival. Click on the CBP website to find out what is prohibited and restricted by international travelers coming to the U.S.


Check your Case Status online with USCIS using your Receipt Number or create a USCIS account to save your receipt numbers and view all your USCIS case history.
Click here: USCIS Case Status

Make an INFOPASS appointment online to discuss your case with an immigration officer at your local USCIS building.

Submit your own FBI background check to find out details for any past criminal records with the U.S. government. You will need to complete a fingerprint card to mail in. Results will be mailed to you.
Click here: FBI Criminal Background Check

Apply for or renew a U.S. Passport. Takes about 4-5 weeks but can be expedited faster.
Click here: U.S. Passports or call 877-487-2778.

Apply online for your Visa Waiver through ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).
Find out more information on the visa waiver program and eligibility here: Visa Waiver Program
Click here to apply: ESTA application

U.S. Embassies and Consulates, a complete listing of all their websites easily navigated by continent, then by country.
Click here: U.S. Embassy

The Immigration and Nationality Act can be found online, should you want to look up the law for yourself.
Click here: USCIS INA