Hot off the press! USCIS has published a snazzy brochure to inform the public of the new procedures related to COVID-19 safety measures when they reopen to the public. So far in our area, the Tampa local field office has published their opening date of June 1, 2020.
Here is what you need to know:
- You must wear a face mask to enter the building.
- You may have to wait in line outside, be prepared – our Florida weather can be unpredictable!
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Bring your own black or blue pen to sign forms if needed.
- No extra visitors will be allowed to come with you, only the petitioner (if it’s a green card case, that is your spouse) and your attorney and/or a translator if that is required for you.
- The policy will be to maintain 6 ft distance between people in the building.
- For a Naturalization oath ceremony, fill out the form you will be mailed before you enter the building.
If you had an appointment during the COVID-19 USCIS shut-down period, you will receive a reschedule notice in the mail for your new appointment.
We are also happy to say that a few cases are being approved without an interview! This is big news because for green card marriage cases, USCIS rarely will do this. If you have a good immigration lawyer preparing your case, then your chances of approval are much higher – we know what to do!
Contact us now with any of your questions and we look forward to getting our clients appointments with USCIS rescheduled so they can move on with their lives. It’s been a long wait!
Nadine Heitz is an immigration attorney in Lake Worth, Florida where she helps her clients obtain legal status in the United States. Book your consultation with her to find out how to solve your immigration issues and achieve your desired goals.